Last updated Mar 7, 2017
We have prepared this Privacy Notice to explain how, why, and when we collect data from you on our website.
Please note that this Privacy Notice only applies to data that we collect when you visit the Koch Lincoln website at www.kochlincoln.com.
1. About Koch Lincoln Services
Koch provides new and used vehicles and automotive services for our customers in Alberta, Canada. When you visit a website operated by Koch Lincoln, you can buy new and used Lincoln vehicles, parts and accessories.
Our Koch dealership was established over 65 years ago in Edmonton, Alberta. Throughout our history, we have continued to combine outstanding customer service with a simple and honest car buying experience.
2. What data we collect and how we use it
We may collect the following categories of information on our website and use them for the purposes explained below.
- to respond to your inquiries and provide you with information, such as information on local dealers;
- to assist you in book a test drive of a vehicle;
- to assist you with servicing of your vehicle;
- to assist with financing of a vehicle purchase;
- to assist you with obtaining vehicle, home or travel insurance;
- to identify other products or services that we may provide;
- to provide legal notices, including, if required, any consumer safety notifications;
- to monitor product quality and to communicate with you about the quality of our products;
- to provide you with newsletters and other advertising;
- to provide you with features on our Sites, such as community forums or interactive features; and
- to identify participants in contests and promotions.
If you submit a job application or resume to us, we will collect the information that you provide to us to determine whether you would be a suitable candidate for a job with us.We may retain this information in our files in the event a future position becomes available, unless you request us not to do so.
4. Cookies and related technologies
To get more information about the individual cookies dropped by our website, please see the Adjust Ad Preferences link on the footer of our website.
5. Your choices and opting-out
We recognize how important your online privacy is to you, so we offer the following options for controlling the targeted ads you receive and how we use your data:
- You can opt-out of receiving targeted ads served by us: You can opt out of receiving targeted ads served by us or on our behalf by clicking on the blue icon in the corner of the ads we serve or by clicking here. Please note that, if you delete your cookies or upgrade your browser after having opted out, you will need to opt out again. Further, if you use multiple browsers or devices you will need to execute this opt out on each browser or device. If you opt-out we may collect some data about your online activity for operational purposes (such as fraud prevention) but it won't be used by us for the purpose of targeting ads to you.
You can opt-out of receiving targeted ads served by us or other advertising companies: You may use the NAI opt out tool here, which will allow you to opt out of seeing targeted ads from us and from other NAI approved member companies.
We also comply with the Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising as managed by the Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA). You may opt out of receiving targeted ads from other companies that perform ad targeting services, including some that we may work with as Advertising Partners via the DAA website here.
We also comply with the Canadian Self-regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising as managed by the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada (DAAC). You may opt out of receiving targeted ads from other companies that perform ad targeting services, including some that we may work with as Advertising Partners via the DAAC website here.
Please note that when using the ad industry opt-out tools described above:
- If you opt-out we may still collect some data about your online activity for operational purposes (such as fraud prevention) but it won't be used by us for the purpose of targeting ads to you.
- If you use multiple browsers or devices you may need to execute this opt out on each browser or device.
- Other ad companies’ opt-outs may function differently than our opt-out.
- You can opt-out of our tracking your online activity for targeted advertising purposes (Do Not Track): We respond to “do not track” or “DNT” signals sent from your browser. If the website of one of our Advertisers receives a DNT signal, during that visit, we will not link data we collect to your browser identifier so that new data collected about you will not be used by us for targeted advertising purposes, but older data collected about you may still be used.
- You can request that we stop email marketing to you.
6. Data retention
Identifiable information about you is held no longer than necessary for our business purposes or to meet legal requirements.
We apply technical, administrative and organizational security measures to protect the data we collect against accidental or unlawful destruction and loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access, in particular where the processing involves the transmission of data over a network, and against other unlawful forms of processing.
9. Changes to this Privacy Notice
Changes to this Privacy Notice will be posted on this page. If we make a material change to our privacy practices, we will provide notice on the site or by other means as appropriate.
10. Contact us about questions or concerns
If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice or our privacy practices, you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org
To contact Koch Lincoln please e-mail email@example.com or write to us at the following address:
Koch Lincoln Sales Ltd.